Click Here To Launch Widget
Click Here To Launch Widget Click Here To Launch Widget Click Here To Launch Widget
Click Here To Launch Widget

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

House Colour Palette

I know we can't be the only family to have such colour indecision. We've gathered paint swatches for months, debating colour ideas and going back & forth. But, fall is almost here and we need to paint!

As of this very moment, only two of these colours are on our walls (Natural Wicker & Gossamer Blue). And one is standing in as the rough shade of our living/dining room wallpaper (Green Smoke). The other four are still in idea stage, but I wanted to put them all together to see what I thought, and what you guys think! So here is the shade breakdown:

Green Smoke - our living & dining room have this kind of crazy but kind of awesome deep green wallpaper, and it's staying. It's roughly the shade of Green Smoke, although it is two-tone, so some parts are a bit lighter. While overall it is quite dark, we have light pine floors and lots of white trim so it works fairly well.

Revere Pewter - I think we should paint our kitchen cabinets this colour. It goes well with our current countertops (which aren't changing), white appliances (not changing in the near future) and IKEA island & chairs (which we love & wish we'd bought sooner!). We might do the upper cabinets a shade or two lighter, but at least the bottom cabinets will be this colour.

Teresa's Green - in real life, this shade looks a bit lighter and not quite as green. I think this might work really well on the kitchen walls(!). With white appliances, white trim (5 doors & a window in the kitchen), greige cabinets and black floor, it needs a colour that works will all of that and doesn't clash with the living/dining room or family room which both lead off the kitchen. I think some shade of light turquoise-green might look really good :)

Merlot Red - We've been thinking of painting the family room red for a while. It gets a TON of natural light thanks to 2 big windows and a skylight so it won't feel too dark. And I think the red will make it feel cozy (gets a little cold in there in the winter) and be a fun pop of colour off the kitchen :)

Natural Wicker - Moving upstairs, this is the colour on our back staircase walls (we have 2 staircases, welcome to old homes! haha) and upstairs hallway. Good, solid neutral that works will the current carpet and back staircase colour (black bean soup I think?).

Gossamer Blue - One of the bedrooms is in this colour and it's so lovely. Looks gorgeous with white trim and beige-y carpet.

Cornforth White - The colour I'm thinking for my bedroom! I was leaning towards a grey a little darker (Martha Stewart Chinchilla) but this one is my current favourite. Just the perfect amount of grey to offset the white trim and sand-y carpet.

The first four would be downstairs, while the last 3 are/would be upstairs. The whole house has chunky white trim and with the exception of the kitchen, fairly light floors. What do you guys think?

xo,
B

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Click Here To Launch Widget